The most important coverage under this summary includes population, data on different sectors of the economy, namely agriculture, industry and infrastructure sector, economic indicators such as Gross State Domestic Product & Per Capita Income, level and pattern of household consumer spending, poverty, prices, etc. Suggestions, if any, for improving future versions of the report are welcome. 2 1.3 Gross State Value Added by broad Economic Activity 3 1.4 Net State Value Added by broad Economic Activity 3 1.5 Percentage Distribution of GSVA according to economic activity.
15 2.7 Higher Education - Number of Institutions in Delhi 16 2.8 Number of Students in Universities, Colleges and Others. EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYMENT 83 8.1 Employment & Unemployment in Delhi 84 8.2 Persons Employed by Major Economic Activities – in. 9.14(1) Estimated Number of Workers By Type of Enterprise and Sector For Each Activity Category-73rd NSS Round.
Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers in Delhi 121 10.3 Group Wise Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers. Delhi's per capita income is about three times higher than the national per capita income.
Finance Banking and Insurance
Labour & Employment
Trade, Commerce & Industry
Price & Price Indices
Area and Population
DELHI AT A GLANCE
POPULATION CENSUS 2011)
PER CAPITA INCOME (Rs.)
The figures for Delhi are from state examinations, while the figures for other states/UTs are from central examinations. The population per 1 March 2012 has been used to estimate the number of people below the poverty line. Urban Poverty Line in Punjab has been used for both rural and urban areas of Chandigarh.
Literacy Rate (1931-2011)
SELECTED VITAL RATES IN DELHI
Revised prior to 2001 based on mid-year estimated population as per Census 2011, Source: Office of Chief Registrar, Births & Deaths, Delhi.
Medically Certified Deaths by Major Causes
National Sample Survey 60th Round (Jan - June 2004)
National Sample Survey 75 th round (July 2017-June 2018)
Mothers who received postnatal care from a doctor/nurse/LHV/ANM/midwife/other health personnel within 2 days of delivery. Children born at home who were taken to a health facility for an examination within 24 hours of birth. Children who received postnatal care from a doctor/nurse/LHV/ANM/midwife/ other health personnel within 2 days of delivery.
Since the NFHS uses capillary blood for the assessment of anemia, the results of the NFHS-5 should not be compared with other studies using venous blood.
NSS 75th round report (July 2017-June 2018)
Work Centres for Women No. of
Average No. of Beneficiaries
No. of Institutes/Services
Cards (in '000)
No. of Fair Price Shops
No. of Licensed shop Kerosene oil
Installed Derated Locally generated
Purchased from other
Data compiled from SLDC's monthly reports on purchase and sale of energy and sale of energy to various categories of customers as approved in the tariff orders for the financial year 2020-21. Agriculture, Mushrooms, DIAL, DMRC, Advertising, Rail Traction, Temporary Links, E-Vehicles, Own Consumption, JJ Clusters etc. This data includes NDMC, MES, MCD Area, Mother Milk, Water Emergencies, Staff quarters of Delhi Jal Board U/A Water Connections, JJ Clusters and Dropped Colonies U/A etc.
49 TABLE 5.5
LENGTH OF ROADS IN DELHI
The number of registered vehicles is exclusive of NOC, RC cancellation, surrendered, deregistered and scrapped vehicles (available record in Vahan 4.0 database).
PERCENTAGE DISTRIBUTION OF REGISTERED VEHICLES TO THE TOTAL CHART 5.1
AGRICULTURE & LIVESTOCK
62 TABLE 6.5
AVERAGE PRICE OF SELECTED AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES DURING PEAK SEASON
FINANCE, PUBLIC FINANCE, BANKING & INSURANCE
Chart 7.1 Number of Banks in Delhi 2006-2022
- Grants-in- AID and Contribution
- Education, Sports, Art and Culture
- Health and Family Welfare
- Water supply, Sanitation, Housing &
- Social welfare and Nutrition
- Expenditure Heads (Capital Account)
Loans and advances and Debt Settlements
Per thousand population)
LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT
ESTIMATED SECTOR WISE LABOUR FORCE PARTICIPATION RATE AND WORKERS POPULATION RATIO IN DELHI (AGE GROUP -ALL)
Workers Population Ratio
ESTIMATED SECTOR-WISE LABOR PARTICIPATION AND WORKER POPULATION RATIO IN DELHI (AGE GROUP -ALL).
ESTIMATED SECTOR WISE EMPLOYMENT & UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN DELHI (AGE GROUP -ALL)( RATE IN %)
NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT SERVICE
TRADE, COMMERCE &
DISTRIBUTION OF EMPLOYMENT (2006-07) ON NSS 63 rd ROUND
PRICE & PRICE INDICES
ANNUAL AVERAGE) (BASE YEAR 2016=100)
123 TABLE 10.4
Delhi All India Delhi All India Combined Combined Combined Combined
Clothing, Bedding &
Base Year: 2001=100) Year Mumbai Chennai Ahemdabad Amritsar Kolkata Hyderabad Kanpur Nagpur Delhi All
126 TABLE 10.7
GENERAL CONSUMER PRICE INDEX FOR SELECTED CENTRES OF INDIA (BASE YEAR 2016=100)
Base: 2011-12= 100)
No. Group WEIGHT Annual Averages 2015-
CLIMATE & RAINFALL
- MONTHLY & ANNUAL RAINFALL
AREA AND POPULATION
Exponential Growth Rate
AREA & POPULATION
Urban Rural Total Urban Rural Total
POPULATIONS AND DECENNIAL GROWTH IN DELHI
DECENNIAL POPULATION GROWTH (%) IN RURAL & URBAN AREA
AREA OF URBAN & RURAL DELHI DURING 1961-2011
AREA OF URBAN & RURAL DELHI DURING 1961-2011
POPULATION UNDER LOCAL BODIES
PERCENTAGE DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION IN LOCAL BODIES IN 2011
MCD NDMC Cantonment
SEX RATIO UNDER RURAL & URBAN AREA
SEX RATIO UNDER LOCAL BODIES 1961-2011
SEX RATIO UNDER RURAL & URBAN AREA 1961-2011
SCHEDULED CAST POPULATION UNDER LOCAL BODIES
LOCAL BODY WISE SC POPULATION 1961-2011
DENSITY OF POPULATION IN LOCAL BODIES
DENSITY OF POPULATION IN URBAN, RURAL &
Density of population in Delhi local Body wise
Density of Population Rural, Urban & Delhi
DISTRICT WISE, SEX RATIO & LITERACY RATE DATA OF 2001 & 2011
Districtwise Literacy rate in Delhi 2001 & 2011
Percentage to Total Population Total Workers Main
Percentage to Total Population Total
Main Workers Marginal Workers
DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION BY SCHEDULED LANGUAGES IN DELHI
DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION (2011) BY SELECTED LANGUAGES
POPULATION BY RELIGION
Note: Literate excludes children in the 0-6 age group, who were considered illiterate by definition in the 2011 Indian census.
LITERACY RATES BY SEX 1931-2011 Year Total
- Households by no. of dwelling rooms
- Electricity available to households 1479620 2371811 3310809 7. Toilet facility available to households
- Drinking Water facility available within the premises of households
CHART 12.11 NUMBER OF VILLAGES IN DELHI
VILLAGES IN DELHI
MIGRANT POPULATION IN DELHI
Reasons for Migration (2011)
B Reasons for migration (in %)
C Duration of residence at the place of enumeration (in %)
Arson Crime under
CRIMES IN DELHI
CRIMES IN DELHI
Some important concepts used in this publication are defined as follows
- Birth: “birth” means live-birth or still birth
- Live Birth: “live birth” means the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which after such expulsion or
- Still-Birth: “still birth” means foetal death where a product of conception has attained at least the prescribed period of gestation
- Death Rate: The death rate for a given year tells us at what rate deaths have depleted the population over the course of the year
- Infant Mortality Rate: Infant mortality rate serves as one of the best indices to the general
- Maternal Death Rate: Maternal death rate is defined as maternal deaths per thousand live births
- Employed and Unemployed: According to usual status approach, (with a reference period of 365 days) adopted by National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) a person is considered as working
- Own Account Establishment (OAE): OAE is an establishment having no hired worker and is owned and operated with the help of household members only
- Labour force Participation Rate: Labour force comprises of employed and unemployed and the number of such persons per 1000 persons in the population constitutes its rate
- Unemployment Rate: Unemployment rate refers to number of persons unemployed per 1000 persons in the Lobour Force
- Employment Rate: Employment rate refers to number of persons employed per 1000 persons in the Lobour Force
- Non-worker: A person who has not worked at all in the year preceding the date of enumeration
- Total fertility Rate: TFR measures average number of children born to a woman during her entire reproductive period
- Gross State Domestic Product: GSDP is a measure in monetary terms of the volume of all goods and services produced by an economy during a given period of time accounted without
Maternal Mortality Rate: Maternal mortality rate is defined as maternal deaths per thousand live births. Employed and unemployed: According to the normal status approach (with a reference period of 365 days) adopted by the National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO), a person is counted as working days) adopted by the National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO), a person counts as working or employed if he is employed in one or more work activities for a relatively long time, in the reference period of the last 365 days. A person is considered to be looking for or available for work or unemployed if they have not worked but have either looked for or been available for work for a relatively long period of a given reference period.
Employment rate: The labor force consists of employed and unemployed and the number of such persons per 1000 persons in the population constitutes the percentage. Unemployment rate: The unemployment rate refers to the number of unemployed per 1000 persons in the Lobour Force. Employment Rate: Employment rate refers to the number of persons employed per 1000 persons in the Lobour Force.
Main worker: a person who worked for most of the year before the census date, i.e. marginal worker: a person who performed a certain job in the year before the census date, but does not meet the conditions to be called a 'main worker'. worker' i.e. non-worker: a person who did not work at all in the year before the census date.
Total Fertility Rate: The TFR measures the average number of children born to a woman during her entire reproductive period. Gross Domestic Product: GSDP is a measure in monetary terms of the amount of all goods and services produced by an economy in a given period and services produced by an economy in a given time period without overlap.
180 18. Net State Domestic Product
- Literacy rate: Literacy rate of the population is defined as the percentage of literates in the age group of seven years and above. For different age groups the percentage of literates in that age
- Gross Enrolment Ratio: Gross Enrolment ratio measures what percentage of the total population in the relevant age-group is being covered by the various educational programmes being run in
- Dropout rate: Dropout at primary stage during a given year is defined as the ratio of the difference of enrolment in class I in the fourth year preceding and the enrolment in class V
- Trade refers to the act or process of buying, selling, or exchanging commodities, at either wholesale or retail, within a country or between states
- JOINT STOCK COMPANIES
- INDUSTRIES & TAX
- ECONOMIC CENSUS
Dropout rate: Dropout at the primary stage during a given year is defined as the ratio of the difference between enrollment in class I in the previous fourth year and enrollment in class V to the difference between enrollment in class I in the previous fourth year and enrollment in class V during year until enrollment in class I in the preceding fourth year. Trade refers to the act or process of buying, selling or exchanging goods, wholesale or retail, within a country or between countries. This is in contrast to business, the value-creating activities of a for-profit organization.
The system contrasts with business, the value-creating activities of an organization for profit. Thus, trade is a system or an environment that influences the business prospects of an economy or a nation-state. We can also define it as a second business unit that encompasses all activities, functions and institutions involved in transferring goods from producer to consumer.
Industry is often classified into three sectors: primary or extractive, secondary or manufacturing and tertiary orclassified into three sectors: primary or extractive, secondary or manufacturing and tertiary or service. Size: Refers to the amount of capital invested, the number of people employed and the volume of production. Ownership: Industries can be classified into private sector, state or public sector, joint sector and cooperative sector.
Company information is collected in accordance with the Companies Act, 2013 of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. Data on the total number of traders registered under the Sales Tax/DVAT/GST Act and receipts under the Sales Tax/DVAT/GST Act are listed in table no. The Fifth Economic Census relating to NCT of Delhi was conducted under the auspices of the Directorate of Economics & Statistics.
Economy Census is the complete enumeration of entrepreneurial activities operating at a given time within the geographic boundaries of the state/country to arrive at the official census of establishments and their characteristics. Entrepreneurial activities refer to all those economic activities related to the production or distribution of goods/services, not exclusively for personal consumption. The result of the 6th Economic Census is shown in Table 9.6 and the results related to Disorganized Manufacturing Activities in Delhi on the 51st, 56th, 62nd, 67th and 73rd NSS rounds are shown in Table No.
183 1. Conversion Table For Metric Standards
STANDARD OF WEIGHT
STANDARD OF LENGTH
STANDARD OF AREA
STANDARD OF CAPACITY